This introduction section has 2 aditional parts.
Read this First
Fitting & Using the ROM
or you can view them all by clicking here.
If you have read this introduction and want to go straight to the manual click here.
This Z88 manual introductions have been produced from:-
As each manufacturer described common items, e.g. Copyright Notices, Inserting the ROM into the Z88, these have all been consolidated here. Please see "Read this First"
|Wordmongers premises now sell Compressors|| |
Quite a lot of information about Wordmongers, Prestel, Telecom Gold and Ranger Computers that was in the original manuals is now completely out of date. Old telephone and contact details may be shown, but should no longer be used.
These manual have been altered to reflect these changes.
Copyright & Trademark notices as given in the Original Manuals
PC-LINK USER GUIDE (International Version)
This manual was written, designed and laser-typeset by Colton Software Limited, Cambridge.
Copyright © Cambridge Computer Limited 1988
First published in 1988 by Cambridge Computer Limited
All rights reserved. Copyright © 1988,1989 Wordmongers Ltd
All rights reserved
No part of this book may be reproduced by any means without the prior consent of the copyright holder. The only exceptions are as provided for by the Copyright (photocopying) Act or for the purpose of review or in order for the software herein to be entered into a computer for the sole use of the owner of this book.
Cambridge Computer Limited will not in any event be liable for any loss, including consequential loss, caused by any error, defect, or failure of the computer however arising, including but not limited to loss of use, loss of stored data, loss of profit, or loss of contracts.
- The PC-LINK system software was designed and developed by Trinity Concepts Limited, Cambridge.
- Z-Term is protected by copyright laws. All rights reserved. Copyright © 1987 Wordmongers Ltd
- The Z-Tape, zBASE & THINKz Wordmonger's manuals were written by Tony Kaye and Derek Fountain at Wordmongers Limited.
- Wordmonger software is protected by copyright laws. No copies of the program may be made without obtaining written permission from Wordmongers Ltd, on behalf of the authors.
- The Z-Tape, zBASE & THINKz software is protected by copyright laws. No copies of the program may be made without obtaining written permission from Wordmongers Ltd, on behalf of the authors.
- IBM is a trademark of International Business Machines Inc.
- DEC, VT100, VT102, VT220 are trademarks of Digital Equipment Corporation, Maynard, Massachusetts, USA.
- Lotus and 1-2-3 are registered trademarks of Lotus Development Corporation
- Hayes Smartmodem 1200 is a trademark of Hayes Micro-computer products Inc.
- WordStar is a trademark of Micro-Pro Inc.
- dBASE, dBASE II, dBASE III, dBASE IV and 'Multimate' are all trademarks of Ashton-Tate Inc. (now Borland)
- WS3000 is a trademark of Miracle Technology Ltd.
- Miracle Systems is a Trademark of Miracle Systems Ltd, Bristol.
- Prestel and Telecom Gold are the Trademarks of British Telecom.
- Z-Tape, THINKz software is licensed not sold.
- 'PipeDream' is a trademark of Colton Software Ltd.
- Z-Tape, zBASE & THINKz is the subject of a trademark application by Wordmongers Limited.
This pack is supplied on an "as is" basis with no warranty, specific or implied, attaching. No liability will be accepted for consequential loss, damage or error. Faulty media will be replaced free of charge.
Consumer rights under existing legislation are not affected by the above statement. However, the following statement should be noted by all users.
See full copy of Wordmongers Licence supplied with the system. (Which is not available any more).
Computer Concepts Ltd. shall not in any event be liable for any loss, whether consequential or direct, caused by any error in the Spell-Master product or manual, or as the result o misuse, including but not limited to loss of data, damage to the host machine - particular during cartridge installation or extraction, or loss of profit.
Statement by Wordmongers on fitness of its programs for its designed use.
Wordmongers would advise users that all their software has not been tested to a degree that makes it fit for use in any situation likely to cause or contribute to the physical well-being of users. Such exhaustive testing would put the price of their programs prohibitively high and deprive users of its designed use as an outliner and of Z-Tape, as a computerised data backup system.
Equally, Wordmongers cannot accept any responsibility for programs written by users. Programmers using zBASE must accept responsibility for testing their programs to whatever level is required for the intended application.
In cases where data is regarded as particularly valuable, users are recommended to take multiple copies of files. In extreme circumstances, users should consider taking out insurance policies to cover the loss of data.
.Extract from Licence.
Wordmongers liability for any losses or damages to the Licensee (purchaser) arising out of the terms and conditions of the Licence shall in no event exceed the purchase price of the software in respect of which the losses or damages are claimed and in no event shall Wordmongers be liable for any consequential damages or special costs or expenses in respect thereof whether Wordmongers has been advised of the possibility of such damages or not.
RangerLink2, RangerDisk2 and Vision/L are protected by copyright laws. All rights reserved.
Copyright © 1989 Ranger Computers Limited, Rakewell Limited.
Copyright © 1989 FRONT LINE COMPUTERS LIMITED 30 Blackthorn Grove Nuneaton Warwickshire CV11 6UX (Mark Hall 01246 344651)
Copyright © Computer Concepts Ltd. 1988. First Edition 1988.