12th October 2015 / 25th October 2015
OZ 4.6.1 is out! And it is one of the faster follow-up releases we have done so far. We have feature-enhanced this release with installable RAM applications. This powerful feature allows easy application integration by new Index menu commands <>INS and <>RMV. Lots of security have been implemented protecting 'In use' applications from removal. Suspended activities from installed application are marked with a '-' in the card section of the Index.
Installing an application has never been so easy : just mark the desired .APP file from the Filer and enter Index pressing INDEX key or I. Read more about RAM installable applications HERE. A growing list of RAM applications can be downloaded from https://sourceforge.net/projects/z88/files/Z88 RAM Applications/.
Lots of internal optimisations and a few bug-fixes were also done :
- Full usage of new memory explicit allocation API (using only the required space for installation)
- Menu handling of the Index has been rewritten for application install (and fix a bug in <>INFO key handling)
- Application static handle structure and related routines have been completely rewritten
- An old Handle leak bug has been fixed
- Date settings bug after <>INFO command fixed (V4.6.1)
- All details can be seen below in the issue list
You can download ROM binary and source code here:
Work done in this release
Below you will see the list of work and features with all the technical details, that we have done for OZ v4.6. Click on the links to read issue contents: